Welcome to Huguenot Memorial Church
We invite you to worship with us!
Sundays 10:00 a.m.
901 Pelhamdale Ave | Pelham Manor, NY
We are pleased to welcome Dr. Reverend Paul Seelman to Huguenot Memorial Church! Paul comes to HMC after pastorates in North Carolina, Louisiana, and Texas. He was born and raised in southern Illinois, a lifelong Presbyterian, ordained an Elder while in high school.
The Centennial of the Huguenot Memorial Church Sanctuary
The Little Red Church. In 1876, the year of its founding, the Huguenot Memorial Church completed its first house of worship, a frame building that became known as the Little Red Church. The interior was plain: carpeted aisles; oak and pine paneling and pews; the pulpit, communion table, and trim in walnut. A small minister’s study and vestry room were in the rear. Twelve stained glass windows added color to the sanctuary. The church and Sunday school rooms were inefficiently heated by a coal stove and lighted by gas. Seating capacity of the church was estimated at 200. Church membership doubled from 58 in 1906 to 126 in 1911 and nearly doubled again to 208 in 1916. Sunday school membership more than tripled from 63 in 1911 to 203 in 1916. Crowding, a lack of privacy for Sunday school classes, inadequate sanitary facilities, poor heating and lighting, and the fire hazards of a wood building had to be addressed.